Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Friday, October 8, 2010

Quick as a Wink

My family went to the Pacific Northwest for nine days of rest, recuperation, and reconnecting. I wasn’t worried about all the work that was piling up while I was gone. I knew it would be patiently waiting for me when I returned. It was.

On Monday we realized children weren’t contacted about attending camp this weekend. Mondays we have limited staff, and I didn’t have time to make calls and recruit campers during the day, so I sent up a quick prayer asking God to help me get the campers lined up that evening from home. We needed their commitments by Wednesday morning. At 5:00pm I started calling families. Within 2 hours God provided 11 of the 12 children we were allotted to take, AND a top notch bus monitor for the trip! I know God is mighty. I KNOW that. But when He shows me His mightiness so clearly and quickly, I am awed. What a mighty God we serve!!

Yesterday there was a hurting person in our midst. This weekend I’m extra busy attending a mission’s planning retreat Friday night and all day Saturday. I knew this woman would be on my mind and heart, so I prayed and asked God to have our paths cross before she left for the day so we could talk. Literally one heartbeat later, she walked into the room I was in, where I rarely am. We got to have a healing talk. His provision was immediate, loving and much appreciated.

In John 14:13, Jesus said, “I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”

Jesus delights in working in and through us to bring glory to His Father. Lord, please help me be more faithful in the asking. You are certainly faithful in the answering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment