Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peace

It has been an interesting week.  Sunday morning was busy with services and the business meeting.  Sunday evening, I broke a tooth.  It didn't hurt.  The dentist had an opening on Monday when I called.  He was able to put a temporary crown on it.  On Tuesday, I received an unexpected doctor's bill.  On Thursday, Shar will be having surgery on her left eye.  And that is just part of all that is going on.  From an external perspective, the bottom dropped out and we have been hit from all sides.

However, in the midst of it all, I have felt no anxiety or stress.  The peace of God has filled my heart.  Why?  I have choosen to believe that God works everything out for good (Rom 8:28).  He is in control.  I can't change the circumstnaces, but I can trust His timing and control over them.  Regardless of what happens, God loves me and desires nothing but my best.  Therefore, all that has happened is for my best and I choose to trust Him in that.  As a result, His peace has filled me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment