Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Distractions

We are house hunting. We are looking for a home with guest facilities to meet my mother-in-law's needs. So we are updating our current home and searching for a different one.

House hunting is fun after all these years. Our needs are different since our four boys are all grown up. We are looking for different features in a home than we needed last time. There are so many houses to choose from, and so many things to consider.

All this house hunting and fixing-up has me distracted. I fight at work to be focused and productive. During my quiet time with God each morning my mind has been wandering to thoughts about houses. And my relationship with my husband is stressed since my mind is preoccupied.

This morning in my quiet time, I read Revelation 2:12,13. "Yet you remained true to My Name. You did not renounce your faith in Me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city-where Satan lives."

I want to remain true to my God, even when I get busy with the affairs of this world. I want my time alone with God to be rich and full, and to consider Him in every decision I make and in everything I do all day long. I want to want what He wants. I want to serve Him, my family, my coworkers, and all the people God brings my way, with love and faithfulness. I want a house to be a provision from God, not a distraction pulling me away from what God has called me to do and to be.

Lord, thank You for refocusing me on what is important, what really matters. Lead us to the house that You have for us. Please protect us from making any decision that will hinder us from doing what You have called us to do, and that will not bring You glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment