Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Arny's Message

It is amazing how God works everything out for good (Rom 8:28). I watched Sunday's sermon from home because it is not a "pretty picture" to listen to a pastor blow his nose 20 times during a sermon. Arny so gracious stepped in and gave a wonderful sermon relating to the 12 spies - all leaders in Israel. Ten focused on the negative and two focused on the opportunity God had given. This is just what we all needed to hear.

I want to be like Joshua and Caleb. I want to focus on the God who is bigger than any problem I face rather than like the ten who focused on the problems being bigger than God could handle. Throughout life and ministry, we all face problems, issues, and circumstances. I can either be anxious and preoccupied because of the trouble or I can be calm in the midst of the storm knowing that God will deal with it. Attitude is a choice. I choose to believe that God is bigger, greater, mightier than anything I ever face.

Yes, there will be difficulties and obstacles to accomplishing God's purpose. But I choose to be an optimist - God will deliver. God will provide. The things that happen in life and ministry are merely opportunities for me to trust Him. I choose not to be dissuaded by the pessimists even if they are more in number or recognized as leaders. I choose to press forward trusting God, even if none go with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment