Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Wanna Be Like David

Our Ministry Leadership Team was asked to give our testimony on Easter Sunday about how knowing the Resurrected Savior has changed our lives. God showed each one of us exactly what He wanted us to share. We pray that He was glorified!

At the continental breakfast afterward, a beautiful lady came up to me and said, "We are so blessed to have you here." Compliments are extremely difficult for me to take, plus I was still numb from speaking in front of a group of people. It terrifies me. I responded with a gentle, "Thank you." She then reminded me that it is through the prayers of God's people here at El Camino that any of my efforts turn out to be successful. And she is so right! "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13

This morning in my quiet time, I was reading in 1 Chronicles 14:10-17, about David defeating the Philistines right after God had established him as king over Israel. It spoke strongly to me about having a humble, God-honoring, thankful heart.

Verses:
14:10a David inquired of the Lord
14:10c God answered David
14:11a David did as God commanded
14:11b David rightly credited God with the success

My response to this precious lady should have been that anything that is accomplished in Children's Ministries is because God blesses us with success. I know that full well, but I obviously don't praise God enough or that would've been my immediate response, because "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."

Lord God, I know that You are Sovereign. I know that every success we have and all that we accomplish for You is due to You. Please help the immediate response of my heart to be that of thankfulness and praise to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment