Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Saturday, May 7, 2011

Divine Appointments

A week ago we were busy getting ready for our Mother Daughter Garden Party. A coworker brought in a tub of scissors for the craft. In the tub were two pair of scissors that cut decorative edges. They belonged elsewhere and I was glad they had been found so I could put them in their proper place for easy retrieval.

That evening I was at the Dollar Store picking up a few table decorations. I heard a lady on her cell phone talking with her middle school daughter. She was looking for scissors that cut decorative edges. They were having quite the 'discussion.' The daughter had waited until the night before the project was due to work on it, and mom was trying to get her the needed supplies. "I don't want to go all the way over to Michael's. How about ..." and mom was naming options available at the Dollar Store, much to the disappointment and disapproval of her daughter. I walked over to her, excused my interruption, told her I worked at the church across the street, and if she wanted, she could borrow ours. I knew just where they were. She followed me over and got the scissors. I gave her our Summer ministries packet, and she shared with me their former 'church' story. Hopefully God will bring them to El Camino so we can help them grow in their relationship with Him since they are looking for a place to fit in.

A couple nights ago I was at an appointment. The single mom technician shared that she had a new(in their first year together), 14 year old adopted son. I asked if he had a Youth Group. They happen to attend the catholic church in the neighborhood of our church. She shared some of their struggles. I shared with her a great web site I recently learned about, The Center for Biblical Parenting. She immediately stopped what she was doing, and brought me paper to write it down on. She was quite interested in God's help as she learned to parent her new son.

There are a lot of people all around us with a lot of needs. If we remain available, God can and will use us to minister to His people as He directs. What an honor!

Galatians 6:2
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment