Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Saturday, April 30, 2011

God's Power

In the classroom of my time alone with God this week, He has been reminding me that He is the Almighty, All-Powerful, Loving, Sovereign God. He has been showing me the incredible power, His power, that is available to me, that is already in me, just waiting to be unleashed. I am reminded that I am a very slow learner.

God showed me this week in Luke 4:14 that after Jesus was tempted in the desert, after He fasted for 40 days which had to make Him feel at least physically weak, He "...returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit." That same Spirit that is in Jesus is in us. I can tap into that exact power, for God's glory, any time I want.

But what do I usually do? I depend upon myself and other humans. I work harder and longer and get others to work harder and longer with me. I think and problem solve and organize. Yes, I sit daily at the feet of Jesus and listen for His direction. I genuinely abide...for the moment. But once I get my marching orders, off I go. Even though I have His incredible power within me, and even though all I have to do is talk with Him moment by moment, and listen to Him and believe Him; for some reason I choose to move forward, step by step, on my own power. What am I thinking? That's like the difference in a lightening bolt and static electricity. Complete absurdity.

God shows me time and time again who He is. He is incredibly real in my life. I need to trust Him more. I need to tap into His power more. John 3:30 says it beautifully. "He must become greater; I must become less.” I need to do away with my independent spirit and trade it in for more of His. Moment by moment I need to let Him be God, because clearly I am not!

No comments:

Post a Comment