Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Friday, May 14, 2010

The Presence of God

So how did this week's message and devotional strike me?

I know that, no matter my perspective on how my life is going at any given time, God is present. I think it's easy to feel His presence when things are great. It's easy to appreciate the blessings we have...it's easy to be in His word and in prayer...it's easy to "be with God".

But what about when things aren't great? What about when I'm stressed at work? When I'm having a disagreement with my wife? The worse times for me are when I'm not having consistent quiet time with Him. I feel lonely, depressed...I feel distant from God.

I'll give you a little peek at this Sunday's message...God Is Changeless. If I feel joy because of the wonderful family I've been given, God is there. If I feel sadness because of the loss of a loved one, God is there. If I feel anger because of the state of our nation and decisions being made, God is there. If I feel peace knowing that He is in control, God is there.

God's presence doesn't change...it's only my view of it that changes. His arms will always be open to me.

Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment