Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Monday, February 27, 2012

Weed Killer

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in one of my sermons that my mother-in-law had given me a home made weed killer recipe. It contains no harsh chemicals and is safe to use around children and pets. If you get it on yourself, there is no emergency to run inside and wash quickly. This recipe works well on vegetation and is much less expensive than Roundup or harsh chemicals. I have had a number of people ask for that recipe again. So I thought I would post it on our blog.

The recipe is: 1 gallon of vinegar; 2 cups of table salt; and 1 cup of liquid dish soap (any kind will do and the cheaper the better). I personally mix the vinegar and salt in a separate container before putting it into my sprayer. The reason is so that I make sure all the salt is dissolved. That way it will not clog up the lines in the sprayer. The soap can be added anytime after the salt is dissolved.

I guess I should make a spiritual lesson out of this. How about, "It isn't expensive and it isn't dangerous to deal with the weeds of life." We just need to yield to the Spirit and not yield to the flesh. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment