Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A New Heart

I partner with a wonderful person who at times drives me crazy. At one moment the person is happy, content, and easy to interact with. The next moment the person displays annoyance, frustration, and unhappiness-over the smallest of things. I find myself on eggshells trying not to provoke or incite those feelings and responses. It makes me uncomfortable and a little miserable. I'm distracted when that person is around, and find myself wishing I was elsewhere.

This morning in my quiet time, Ezekiel 36:25-27 really spoke to my heart concerning this issue. I can't change the other person's behaviors or personality, and I can't even seem to change my feelings. But I can pray for us both and let God perform heart surgery.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws.

Lord, please cleanse me from all my impurities, especially from my negative, unloving feelings toward this person. Please remove my cold, stone heart, and replace it with a heart that overflows with Your love for this person. Please increase the power of Your Spirit within me, and help me to love like You love!

No comments:

Post a Comment