Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Saturday, February 11, 2012

God Knew...Imagine That!

I know that in hard times our true character is revealed. Going through the illness and death of a parent qualifies as a hard time. But being personally attacked by friends over memorial decisions was even harder for me.

God chose for me three verses to focus on this year. Psalm 55:22b, "Cast your cares upon the LORD for He cares for you." I didn't do that. In my hurt and pain, I whined to humans. I didn't take it to God.

I spoke unkindly about those who hurt me, totally ignoring the second verse God gave me, 1 Timothy 3:11b, "...be a woman worthy of respect, not a malicious talker, but temperate and trustworthy in everything."

My third verse from God is 1 Timothy 4:7b, "...train yourself to be godly." Imagine that! God knew exactly what I needed to do to overcome these sins, faults and character flaws.

Thank you Lord for revealing to me how desperately I need to memorize the verses that You gave to me this year, and cling to them in hard times rather than choose a path of sin when I am weak. Please help me be faithful to memorize them and apply them in order to walk in godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment