Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Matthew 21 & Psalm 8

So Katie and I were reading Matthew 21 this morning when we came upon verse 16 where Jesus asks the chief priests if they have never read "From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth Your praise." I got really excited because I knew where that was found in the Old Testament. Usually I don't even know what book it is from when Jesus points back to OT Scripture without looking at the margin references. But I have been going through the book of Psalms and writing a song for each Psalm and I recognized that verse from Psalm 8.

I began writing this blogpost thinking that I would just share that fun little coincidence (God seems to love doing that from time to time to spark us). But then I remembered what Sunday is. During our services our Young People's Choir is going to be sharing their Christmas musical. Hmmm...children will be calling forth God's praise....where have I heard that before?

Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment