Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Friday, October 14, 2011

Ignoring God

Yesterday in my quiet time with God, He spoke a verse to me. He spoke it so strongly that I wondered if He was showing my theme verse for 2012.

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise.


I was in a meeting where a person's opinions were aired. I didn't feel hurt, but I was incredibly shocked.

When I woke up the next morning, there were words and feelings swelling and swirling inside me. I still didn't 'feel' hurt, but the words were ready to burst out. That is when God spoke Proverbs 10:19 to me, loud and clear.

I knew I needed to forgive and move on. But what did I do? I shared with someone, causing feelings and words to swirl inside that person. Had I just obeyed God and held my tongue, there would've been a lot less wasted energy, emotions and words. There would've been a lot less time taken away from loving and serving God and others.

Lord, thank you for speaking so clearly to me. Please forgive me for ignoring Your caring instruction. Please help me obey You more faithfully. It is definitely in my best interest, in the best interest of others, and in the best interest of your Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment