Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Monday, October 17, 2011

A Godly Woman of Prayer

Tonight in Awana our girls T&T Director called me over to see her club during handbook time. For the past seven weeks she has been praying that God would overflow her club with girls, provide a leader for each table of girls and provide extra listeners.

Over the past few weeks, God has been bringing girls, leaders and listeners to her, one by one. Tonight, her prayer for helpers was fully answered. Her club was a well oiled machine. Each table was full and had a leader, and listeners spread out along the walls to assist.

As I walked to my next task, the picture of her room and the answered prayer it represented humbled me. The reality of how much I limit ministry by not praying enough was undeniable. I pray, but not usually daily for weeks for the same request. She prayed for at least seven weeks! And I am guessing since she is still praying for more clubbers, she will continue to pray for more leaders to invest in them.
Pray without ceasing! 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Thank you God for hearing and answering Cheryl's prayers. Thank you for teaching me through this to pray more faithfully. Her joy overflowed and I rejoice with her! May we all be as faithful to 'ask so we will receive, so our joy will be as complete!' John 16:24b

No comments:

Post a Comment