Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Monday, June 27, 2011

Partnership

Fine Arts Camp was last week. God sent 100 campers, many who were unchurched or from various denominations, and about 55 volunteers. A couple weeks ago Camp E.D.G.E. ended, in which 25 volunteers were privileged to share Christ with 72 campers. Our Children's and Family Mission Trip is this Friday in which 23 volunteers will minister to 50ish moms and children. We will end our VBS summer camps with Summer Science Spectacular in which we are anticipating about 350 campers and are praying for at least 50 volunteers.

The apostle Paul was a strong man, yet he never worked alone. He partnered with fellow Christians. He counted on them for their prayers, financial, physical and emotional support. His goal was to glorify God...to know Christ and make Him known. He rejoiced in their love and thoughtfulness, and he loved them greatly in return.

In my quiet time with God this morning I read Philippians. Chapter 1 verses 3-11 describes the way I feel about our amazing volunteers who work selflessly so that children and their families can know Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him. Like Paul, I am so thankful for each one, and love each one dearly. From the most grateful part of my heart I echo Paul's words:

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."

Many blessings Precious Partners!! You are the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment