Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Monday, August 29, 2011

So Simple

In January Pastor Ron asked our staff to pray daily for El Camino's goals for 2011...that God would allow us the opportunity to share the gospel with 5200 people, that He would bless us by letting us be a part of seeing 777 people come to a personal, saving relationship with Him, and that each one of us would reach one, and that each one of us would teach one (lead one person to the Lord, and disciple one person.)

Weekly in our staff Bible study, he asks us how many times we remembered to pray. Last week when I saw the pain and disappointment in his eyes because we just aren't following through, I committed there and then to make a conscious effort to pray daily (Yes, almost 8 months later, but better late than never.)

For me, being a list maker, the solution was so simple. I took a little piece of stationary that a friend gave me, and wrote down the 3 goals (and a few other daily items to pray). I put it in my Bible like a book mark. Each morning the first thing I see when I open my Bible is this prayer bookmark. I take a few moments of my quiet time to pray for these important requests, and then put a tiny heart next to it to keep track of my faithfulness. Seeing my progress motivates me greatly to continue.

Something incredible happened in less than one week. 1. I feel a renewed excitement about the direction God has called El Camino. 2. God has led me to my personal 'Reach 1, Teach 1.' 3. God has given me a simple, exciting idea on how we can reach many more people to share the gospel with, who will hopefully accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, with minimal effort and little extra man power. 4. Since this idea includes multiple ministries, it has the potential of being a unifying factor at El Camino. 5. When Pastor Ron holds us accountable again this Tuesday, I'll be able to honestly say I am praying daily. And I love the feeling of joy I feel when I follow through on commitments!

Please join our staff in praying for El Camino's goals. God gave them to us. He will delight in answering them!

2 Timothy 2:2
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment