Welcome to the El Camino Baptist Church blog. We wanted a place where our ministry leaders could share things that God has laid on their hearts. Please feel free to comment and join in the discussion as we share how God is moving through His church.Other places to find us on the web are our website, Youtube, and Facebook. You can also check out Hoss' music blog at hosshughes.com.









Thursday, June 3, 2010

We Need "Duh" Moments

So I was reading Jeremiah 32 last night when I stumbled upon verse 17:

"Ah Lord God! Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by Thy great power and Thine outstretched arm. Nothing is too difficult for Thee."

Two things hit me:

1) I had no idea where the song had come from before
2) I love the "Duh" moment that Jeremiah uses at the end.

After detailing that God is so powerful that He made the heavens and earth, he finishes by saying nothing is too difficult for God to accomplish. Well of course not!!! Duh!!! But don't we think like that all the time? We always acknowledge that God is Almighty, Creator, All-Powerful, Omniscient, etc. but many times we don't seek His help with our problems because we don't want to burden God with something really difficult.

Duh!!!

If He created the heavens and earth, I'm pretty sure anything I throw His way is going to be pretty easy.

Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment